Accessibility & Usability Statement
We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to as many people as possible, including people with disabilities and regardless of which technology you choose to use or any additional requirements you may have.
Guidelines and Standards
To help us make YelloGadgets.com a positive place for everyone to shop the site: searching or browsing a department, selecting a product category, viewing suitable products, previewing a product and adding it to a shopping bag, before using the checkout process to buy the item, we have been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
We are also committed to providing account management functionality, allowing all our customers to track deliveries and manage key personal settings, as well as delivery details.
While YelloGadgets.com strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, we can not do this in all areas of the website due to the dynamic and rich content on display. We do, however, provide an alternative where possible. Here is how we have made YelloGadgets.com more accessible to specific user groups:
— Screen Reader Users/Keyboard-Only Users
- All content is accessible via keyboard
- All contents have been tested using screen reading technology
- All images and videos have an alt tag
- Content is structured using HTML 5
- All headings and links are descriptive
- All code complies with W3C coding standards
- Skip to the content link provided for all pages
- All instructions on the site use more than one sensory characteristic
— Screen Magnification Users
- Text resizing is enabled
- Content can be resized up to 200% without loss of functionality
— Deaf or Hard of Hearing Users
- All videos have captions
- Sound notifications are not used
- There are multiple ways to contact us
- Content is divided with subheadings, images and videos
— Users with Aspergers Syndrome or Autism
- A simple and consistent layout
- Use of simple colours
- No flashing content
- No content moves or changes state without user actioning it
- No audio except on videos hosted on YouTube
- Videos do not autoplay
— Users with Low Vision
- Colour contrast across the site is 4.5:1 for normal text and 3:1 for large text
- High contrast mode
- No content relies purely on colour
If you do have any difficulties while using our site, please do not hesitate to contact our Help Centre.
To help us understand the problem, please refer to the guidance on Contacting Organisations About Inaccessible Websites.